Sunday 10 June 2012

My quick guide to some of my fave Sydney Restaurants

-->
-->
--> -->
Occasionally I get asked by family and friends where to go out for a good meal.  So I thought I’d share my list of restaurants that I’ve totally enjoyed the food and atmosphere at.  I’m sure there are heaps more potential restaurants out there that I haven’t tried yet that could top my faves below.   I am looking forward to trying a lot more to write about but at the same time think I might need to join the gym soon!  This cold weather is not helping one bit!
There are no photos to accompany my list below as all my photos are on my hardrive and it’s kind of broken until I get someone to retrieve the data off it. All my food photos that I wanted to post are on there!   I’m in denial that it’s all gone.   
Anyway hope you find this list useful!
Spicy Thai:  Spice I Am, Haymarket.  Must try the Chilli Basil Pork Belly.
Magic Malaysian: Temasek in Parramatta and Mamak in Haymarket & Chatswood.  Hainanese Chicken and Beef Rendang is the best and at Mamak the handmade Roti Canai.
Delicious Korean: Seoul Ria, Haymarket.  The hotpots are the best!
Good Variety Breakfast: Trio, Bondi.  Boss eggs are the bomb!
Best Ribs: Hurricanes, Bondi.  Pork ribs are the best not the lamb.
BBQ Meat: Porteno, Surry Hills.  The Wood-fired pig and the fried brussel sprouts is a must!
Tasty Cheap Pub/Bar Food: The Norfolk, Surry Hills.  I love the pork soft shell taco!
Fusion Mexican, good for groups: Barrio Chino, Kings Cross.  Tuna Tostadas!
Best Dumplings:  Din Tai Fung, 3 locations in the city. The good old steamed pork dumplings are so soft and juicy!
Classy Japanese:  Busshari, Kings Cross. The best Wagyu beef in Sydney, sizzling tobanyaki style.
Best Ramen:  Ramen Sun Sun, Crows Nest.  All flavours are so flavoursome!
Mod Vietnamese & great for a posse of 4 -6 catch up: Ms G’s, Potts Point.  The pork belly bahn mi’s for sure! 
Best Pho: Pasteur, Haymarket.  Only ever have the beef pho, it's so yummy, especially with fresh chillis.  I’ve eaten heaps in Cabramatta but I can’t remember the names of the places! 
Upmarket Italian: Pendolino, The Strand, Sydney CBD. I had the best pasta dish here.  Hand-made taglietelle with pork belly and pork cheek in a red wine ragu.  Omg! 
Fancy Mod Oz: Sepia, Sydney CBD.  I had the best main here ever, can’t remember what it was but it had bone marrow in it and it was beyond delicious!  Want to go again soon as the menu has changed a few times since I went a few years ago.  The interior is so dark and sexy.    Definitely recommend for a date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...