Sunday 8 April 2012

How to make "zjush" up leftover chicken



With some leftover roast chicken I wrapped some bacon, well tried to with a skewer stick and browned it in sage infused olive oil after I had fried some leaves up first.  I made use of the sage growing in the garden of the in-laws used the fried leaves as garnish and also used fresh ones under the bacon so the flavour could go into the chicken as well as the bacon. 

To make the sauce I just added some white wine, chicken stock, some more sage leaves and water to the pan after removing the chicken.  If I had garlic I would have added that too.  The sauce was delicious and was needed as already cooked chicken tends to be a bit dry especially if re-heating.  I forget how tasty sage is.  Mixed with the combo made in heaven, that is chicken and bacon, this was a good Easter Sunday dinner.

This was the first time I made this and it was delish together with some fresh salad on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...